Has your creativity hit a bump when it comes to date ideas during COVID?
It’s hard coming up with new and fun ideas and also factoring in that some of us might not feel comfortable in crowded spaces still! Dinner and drinks have to booked weeks in advance for the places that are awesome date sports so we’ve been left feeling as though spontaneity has gone out the window for our love lives.
But why not make the most of living in a beautiful country with some of the most amazing walks and views? We forget that sometimes right outside our front door are some of the most romantic date ideas just ready and waiting for us to utilise.
Don’t be scared to show off romance in a way that doesn’t involve spending a ton of money.
We’ve come up with a list of some of the most romantic date ideas that will help reignite your spontaneity and get you back outside in the fresh air!
- Enjoy the sunset and a picnic at Dudley Page Reserve: watch the sun set over the city, as you enjoy a picnic. Pack a blanket and a couple of jumpers and cuddle up to your date while you both take in the stunning city views.
- Rose Bay – Watsons Bay walk: one of the most scenic walks in Sydney, this walk is approx 5.2km each way, but if you want something shorter, why not stop at Nielsen park for a bite to eat or a glass of wine.
- Chinamans beach – Balmoral beach walk: this is a great walk to do if you fancy checking out all the yachts.
- Kayaking on Sydney Harbour – if you’re an early riser then this is the activity for you! You can head off for an early session starting at 8:30am and then enjoy
- Wedding cake rock trail – located in the Royal National Park, this is one of the most Instagramable trails with stunning views along the way, a perfect walk to do if you want a shorter route.
- Luna Park – Sydney’s heritage listed amusement park is a great outdoor date location, why not catch a water taxi from King Street Wharf and travel there in Style.
Don’t let COVID stump your creativity and sense of spontaneity, you can always do a coastal walk and grab a coffee, that’s the beauty about living in Sydney, we’re spoilt with beautiful locations right on our doorstep so why not make the most of them.
Sometimes outdoor activities can be even more fun and give a much more chilled vibe to your date, *TOP TIP* Remember it’s far easier creating a relaxed conversation about things going on around you and what you’re experiencing than pulling random conversation topics out of thin air! So naturally a date where you’re taking in some sights or doing something fun will feel less nerve wracking.